I plan to start toilet training next month when my LO turns 18 months . Can give me ideas n suggestions? Is 18 months too early to start toilet training ? First time Mom here

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Has ur LO show signs yet? Is he/ she able to pull down n wear his/ her pants on her own? How's the diaper during nap time? Still v wet or sometimes dry? The thing is u can start training anytime but how Long does it take? If the child is not ready it may takes up to few months, but if the child is ready 2 weeks is enough. So if the child is not ready why torture urself (be cuz U gotta wash all the wet clothings, bed sheets, covers etc) n put pressure on LO.

Read more
VIP Member

18 months is too early. Wait till your LO is able to communicate with you that he soiled himself or he is doing his business, So they will be able to inform you that they are gg to do it

The key to toilet training is when the parent is ready. You can start to practice. It would help to encourage the child and speed up the learning process.

It depends on your child. There are moms in the western countries who train as early as a year old. Toilet training is all about a consistency