I need opinions and suggestions.. Currently 29 weeks. Went for checkup earlier tdy. Took glucose test & nurse called back in the evening saying my results are out & my sugar lvls are quite high & they want me to go back on Thurs for full day monitoring from 8-530pm to make sure everyth is ok. This is my 2nd pregnancy. W my 1st, i didnt take any glucose test and had a natural birth w/o epi. But this time round i have to do it becos they said compulsory. Idk whether to go on Thurs or just tell them idw to be monitored & continue with my pregnancy till i give birth. (I was thinking who wont get high blood sugar after drinking the glucose water.) Will it cause any harm to me and my baby? Do i need pay more attention to it? Any mothers who have GD during pregnancy do u do anyth? Idk im confused :/

36 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Pls go for the test. I had GD and now 30 weeks. My reading is so high that my doc have to prescribe me insulin shots to inject 5 times a day just to bring down my glucose level. Diet plan is also quite strict. But it best for baby. U wouldn’t want your baby to grow too big and start having early contractions and Prem term labour. My tummy was so tight and Braxton Hicks is so frequent that I was scared. Now after diet and insulin shots, my tummy is in a way softer and less tight. Not to scare anyone, but doc and hospital have all these test is to help the mummy, not to harm us. And it’s good to eat less sugar during pregnancy. Bb won’t have a risk of early diabetics. Hope my sharing helps.

Read more