I need opinions and suggestions.. Currently 29 weeks. Went for checkup earlier tdy. Took glucose test & nurse called back in the evening saying my results are out & my sugar lvls are quite high & they want me to go back on Thurs for full day monitoring from 8-530pm to make sure everyth is ok. This is my 2nd pregnancy. W my 1st, i didnt take any glucose test and had a natural birth w/o epi. But this time round i have to do it becos they said compulsory. Idk whether to go on Thurs or just tell them idw to be monitored & continue with my pregnancy till i give birth. (I was thinking who wont get high blood sugar after drinking the glucose water.) Will it cause any harm to me and my baby? Do i need pay more attention to it? Any mothers who have GD during pregnancy do u do anyth? Idk im confused :/

36 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I got scolded by the doctor for not going through the GD glucose test. The doctor told me that my baby can grow big and it can cause complications during birth such as deeper tears or baby too big to come out and shoulder can get stuck causing even more problems. Also cause baby was so used to the high sugar in womb and when come out the sugar level will drop and also can cause other problems. The doctor said after check and if dont have, it will be one less thing to worry about. So I did my GD test on my next appt and thankfully i dont have GD. Thank god.

Read more