I need opinions and suggestions.. Currently 29 weeks. Went for checkup earlier tdy. Took glucose test & nurse called back in the evening saying my results are out & my sugar lvls are quite high & they want me to go back on Thurs for full day monitoring from 8-530pm to make sure everyth is ok. This is my 2nd pregnancy. W my 1st, i didnt take any glucose test and had a natural birth w/o epi. But this time round i have to do it becos they said compulsory. Idk whether to go on Thurs or just tell them idw to be monitored & continue with my pregnancy till i give birth. (I was thinking who wont get high blood sugar after drinking the glucose water.) Will it cause any harm to me and my baby? Do i need pay more attention to it? Any mothers who have GD during pregnancy do u do anyth? Idk im confused :/

36 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I had GD during pregnancy, i cried when i get to know my result. But i just went to the clinic and wanting to know more about it. After i learnt from the nurse it make me feel better and i know what to do to overcome it. Is normal for preggy woman to have GD, even if u are healthy etc. But for baby sake, I change my diet and take care of my sugar level. My gynae told me if i don't take care of it during preggy, baby will tend to have higher sugar in the womb, and she scared once baby out baby sugar level will drop, coz all this while baby get their nutrient, food from the mom. So i suggest is better you go for the next test. For baby sake. :)

Read more