I m a kindergarten teacher thinking of switching job to freelance tutor. Any tutor mind to share a month can earn how much and per day how many students or lesson can you occupy ?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

If u r thinking of teaching Pri sch students, u can oni start ur lesson at 3pm. Each day, i teach 2 lessons only. I occupied my slots from Mon-Fri, 2 lessons each day, with a total of 10 lessons in a week. I earn around less than $1500 currently as my charges r not high. Planning to increase my fees next yr, so can earn more! But in e beginning, i started off with tuition agencies to get students. The fees tat e parents offer are very low. So u muz be prepared not earning so much yet. All e best in ur future endeavor!

Read more
7y ago

The maximum lessons u can go is 3 lessons each day. Cos u will need time to travel from house to house. U will need time to take ur dinner too before u proceed to e next lesson. And many parents wouldnt want their kids to have tuition at night. The rate ranges from $18/hr to $30/hr. Fees r calculated hourly. A lot of parents are not willing to pay high amounts for tuition unless u r an NIE teacher. Each lesson is usually 1.5hr. Primary sch students come back home at almost 2pm. They will need to bathe, change and rest, so the earliest u can start is 3pm. Moreover, nowadays, there r lots of supplementary lessons and after-sch activities for the children in school, so u have to manage the child's availability and ur slot availability. We may want as many lessons as possible but it is not easy to slot them nicely into ur time slot. I hv cases where parents r not even able to pay fees on time even though i'm charging cheap. So u muz be prepared tat delay in payments will occur. U wont get

I just started tutoring too and I think if you're willing to work hard, can earn more than $3K+ a month. I'm doing half of what I can take on, and I am able to earn about 2k - about 8 lessons a week.

totally depends if you want to be attached to a center or not.

VIP Member

Freelance tutor you won't get any CPF contribution right?

7y ago

no CPF contribution for freelance. Unless want put in myself

What are the hours you are willing to commit.