I am a low supply BM mummy. So when I return back to work, I assume I may only expressed into a 160ml bottle. This is based on I can only express maybe 2 times during my office hour. If that the case , will a cooler bag be necessary? Or is there any brand of cooler bag which is smaller ?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Does your office have a fridge you can use? That way, you don't need a cooler bag. In any case, keeping the expressed milk chilled (no matter what amount) is important. Ebm can last 6-8 hours in room temperature if the temperature is on the cooler side but you can never be too sure with Singapore's climate even if it is air conditioned. The Medela cooler set is perfect for working moms. It's small enough to carry around and keeps breastmilk cool for the amount of time you are at work. Retails for about 60SGD :)

Read more
Post reply image
VIP Member

i express 2 times at work. #1 into bottle 1 #2 into bottle 2 as these goes into fridge at different timings, i dont mix them cos bottle 2 will be room temp initially when freshly expressed, while by that time 1 will be chilled. my journey home is just over 1 hr, i will use e small cooler bag (nestle also has similar size free) with a small light ice pack.

Read more