Pumping @ Work

Hi FTM here. I'm returning to work soon and worried about pumping. 1. I only have 2 breast pumps. What if I need to pump 3 times? Can I reuse the parts without sterilizing? (Don't think there's sterilizer in the office) 2. After pump, I plan to keep in cooler bags with ice packs then transfer to fridge/freezer when I reach home. Is it ok? If I transfer from cooler bag to fridge, is it still good for 3 days? If I transfer from cooler bag to freezer, is it still good for 3 months? For mums with similar situation, is it very tiring honestly 😭 worried that I might give up on Breastfeeding after returning to work.

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi my dear, I am back in office for 3 weeks now. here are some tips that works for me if you have access to a fridge, you can store your pumps in the fridge so you don't have to wash or sterilise. it will be good for all 3 pumps. search fridge hack you may store your milk at the office fridge and when you leave, transfer to your cooler bag. when you reach home, you can transfer to your fridge. I try to use milk which I pump at work for next day and those I pump at home for storage at freezer. hope it helps

Read more

hello fellow momma, I use pureen sterilizing tablets! just need to find a container but big enough for your pumps and a space to store that container.