I love reading, but i just cant find any time as my toddler sticks to me when im on my kindle and wants to play with the paper books i read..how do other mums manage?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

For me, I normally read my books after kids go to bed. 2-3 times per week only. I find it is very frustrated unable to finish my books in a short span of time where I can't consistently reading them. I have tried to use KOBO reader device to read ebook however I just do not like the ebook and I still prefer physical book as I can mark and do notes in the book.

Read more

I agree that it is extremely difficult to focus on other things especially reading when we have an attention seeking baby. For me, I requested an hour of "me time" from my hubby daily and will read or do my stuff during this time. Also, I will read & do my stuff when my baby is napping (about 30mins per session). :))

Read more
VIP Member

I managed to finish a book during her nap time. Otherwise, you could place your baby in a play yard with her favourite toys to keep her occupied while you read. If she doesn't want to be in the play yard, how about giving her a cloth book and ask her to read it? Children love imitating their parents!

Read more
Post reply image

thanks