I like taking nap after I have my breakfast and whenever I dose off suddenly I will feel abit of stomach pain like needed to go toilet shit that kind of pain. I always got waken up by the pain and it last for 15 mins. Like everyday there will be one time of this kind of feeling and usually is when I am taking a nap. I was thinking is it contractions pain? Because I really don't know how contractions feels like.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi, This must not be the contraction as that would not happen just once during the whole day. The contractions generally start with having each after long intervals and then their time starts reducing and you get it at shorter intervals. I mean even if you are experiencing it for the first time, you will get to know that they are contractions. But because you are in your 37th week you should consult your gynaecologist and take a little know how of when you can expect the contractions.

Read more

hi, how many weeks are u into the pregnancy? if it is only like once a day and it does not become persistent with closer interval and increasing intensity, then it is not labor contraction. what u describe sounds like Braxton Hicks Contraction which are harmless and its ur muscles rehearsing for the big day - its not strong enough to push baby year. u can try to change position to rest and relax and it should subside yar

Read more
8y ago

I am 36 weeks going to 37 weeks..

You're probably experiencing false contractions. The real labour will be similar to that except that the interval is much much shorter. You may want to download a contraction calculator app to time your contractions. Usually your gynae will advise you to head down when you experience contractions every 5 minutes. how the app works is to see how long each contraction last and what's the time gap between each contraction.

Read more
4y ago

Please ma am I supposed to be experiencing false contractions for like four days now and it used to go and come back like five to six times daily. I went to the hospital I was told it was not labour. Please ma does it mean I will experience real labour soon Am 36 weeks 5 days pregnant. Please reply

VIP Member

This is braxton hicks! I felt mine like constipated pain!