Baby's first food

Hello! May I know what is your baby's first food? And how often do you feed in a day? My baby is 5 months plus and PD gave me the thumbs up to start him on solid. Fruits or rice puree first then can start to introduce egg when he is 6 months. Can I also start him on plain water a bit? Or should I just feed him milk to wash down?

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Hello. I gave sweet potato + breast milk and baby love it caused of it sweetness. I only give like 20ml-30ml each time for baby to try out. I follow the guideline of feeding water however usually baby don’t drink much. Is best to try one food/fruit at a time. For me, I’m on the safe side so normally I try for a week. My baby is 8months old and I tried giving egg yolk and she have allergic reaction so I have stop giving till she’s turn one. Just to share, I alternate fruit and veg in a weekly basis. My first fruit is banana with breast milk and she love it too.

Read more
3y ago

Ohh ya, is best to wait minimum at least 3 days but but baby can’t finish the veg or fruit in 3 days so I let her try for a week (at a safer zone too) since she got eczema.