May I know what types of snack is suitable for 6months old baby?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi there, Fruits and vegetable based stuff - depending if u are giving purée/spoon feeding or u are doing baby led weaning. Either purée the fruits / veg after cooking(some needs to be steamed cooked) or cut into small strips for baby to self feed. Actually I shld not be v concerned abt snacking now. By right 6 months is when u start to give baby solids and experiment w the food (sticking to the same thing for 3-4 days consecutive to identify allergies if any) - so that takes up quite a lot of time and limits the stuff u give baby. If ideas baby too much solids, he will end up too full and not drink enough or not drink enough in the day and end up drinking a lot at night. Baby shld be drinking 500-600ml of milk yar

Read more

For snacks I will give small pieces of bread , fruits , yoghurt and occasionally finger puffs. I think fruits are the best snacks. You can also steam some sweet potato for her. Sometimes I have instant cereal. I don't really give teething rusks or biscuits much as these are heaty

I give baby puffs, Cheese, fruits and vegetables as a snack too. you can also make meat balls and serve it as a snack.

VIP Member

My baby loves biscuits - I avoid bread as she breaks out in rashes across her cheeks when we give her bread :(

VIP Member

The best snacks are fresh fruits or vegetables! You can also look for teething biscuits :)

I give teething rusk as snacks. The one from Want want

VIP Member

Thank you all mummy!