May I know what to eat to boost more breast milk? I don't have milk for #1, I'm afraid I don't have milk for #2 as well, and I'm giving birth in less than 3weeks times.

14 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Some common food-related ways to boost supply recommended by most include: - drinking more water - having oatmeal as part of your daily diet - taking fennel and fenugreek supplements - red dates and longan tea - having a well balanced diet with good quality protein and god amount of carbohydrate (mothers who are breastfeeding typically needs an additional 300-500 calories) - green papaya and fish soup Everyone is different and hence it may take some trial and error to find a milk booster suitable for you. Don't be too stress over this since you will only know after you have given birth. Take care mummy! Hope you will have a smooth delivery!! :)

Read more
8y ago

Okay Thankyou! :)

Different mommies have different milk booster preferences that work for them. The common ones that seem to work for most include oats, milo (Australian recipe) and flaxseed, ghee. My best friend's milk boosters include milo with a dash of coconut oil. Cuisines with coconut milk help as well so she eats Thai and Indian foods quite often. Here's a list of milk boosters you can refer to and try :) good luck!

Read more
Post reply image
8y ago

Okay Thankyou!!!

Drink more fluids Soups, smoothies, materna milk etc More importantly It’s a demand and supply concept Have to be diligent, latch and pump even after to increase the demand so the body will continue to supply

Read more
VIP Member

Drink more fluids like red date tea, soups after you give birth. Keep latching your newborn or pumping. Milk removal is the best way to tell your body to make more milk.

Importantly is latch and pump on routine. breastmilk is stimulated by demand. When there is a demand for it, the supply will be constant. Hydrate yourself too.

Read more

Every pregnancy is different. You should keep yourself hydrated always, eat proper meals and rest. Back to basics rather then spending money on supplements.

VIP Member

Hydration! Pump more frequently! Eat some boosters!

It defers for everyone but for me, milo really helped

Oats helped me greatly, Milo and papaya milk.

Super Mum

Keep hydrated and dont stress out!