What Temperature Does Lo Has Is Consider Feverish?

I know that lo tends to have higher temperature than adult in normal condition, at what temperature we should take note that he or she is actually having fever, and at what temperature does it means to send A&E?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Low grade fever 37.6-37.9. Fever 38 and above Give paracetamol and do tepid sponging (damp towel with room temp water) often. Keep baby in cool clothing and use the fan for ventilation, avoiding aircon If baby has fits/seizures with fever, bring baby to hospital immediately. Or if baby cannot drink milk/pee and is dehydrated. Otherwise, you can monitor at home first and see if the temperature comes down. If temp is persistently high (>38.5) and doesn’t come down after a day, consider bringing to see a doctor.

Read more
Super Mum

How old is your baby? If under 3 months old fever above 37.5 you can send to hospital already. If over 3 months you can monitor for any other symptoms, any cough, strange rashes etc, if yes bring baby to see doctor. Paracetamol is not needed unless fever is very high or if baby is uncomfortable.

Thank you for the advise, one more situation I observed, day time temperature is around 37.1c, but at night it will be rising, and sometime hit 37.6c, especially when he was sleeping. Is that normal?

VIP Member

above 37.5 Celcius consider fever, above 40 degrees u must take to hospital. in between can give paracetamol, but should be prescribed by doctor

For me. 37 I give partcemol. Abit warm on the forehead. To bring it down for 2 to 3 days. When temp normal I will stop.

TapFluencer

Above 37.6