flu

hello can I know now i pregnant 8week. and now I got flu can I take panadol extra?

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

There are some paracetamol that pregnant women can take but still need your dr. advise. For the mean time you can try warm lemon juice with honey and drink lots of water have a plenty of rest. I am 18weeks pregnant and unluckily catch flu virus in our office. Woke up today really head ache and stuffy nose. Hope you'll get better soon. 🙏

Read more
5y ago

thanks yup this morning also when I wake up my head like spinning....

Only can take normal panadol. Think cannot take panadol extra or Panadol flu as got caffeine. My wife took normal panadol when she is preg with our first. Prospan for her cough and Zyrtec for her flu. Its told by gynae that its safe. Drink more water and rest up. If got fever use wet wipes or kool fever pack on your head

Read more
VIP Member

It will be best to go to GP and let them know you are pregnant. They will prescribe medication that is safe. I had flu not long ago and GP told me panadol over-counter might have caffeine. He prescibed me with chlorpheniramine as well. Take care and get well soon!

VIP Member

flu is virus, no need any medicine, just take more rest and drink more water

VIP Member

Panadol extra might be a bit strong. Best to get prescription from doctor.

VIP Member

doctor gave me normal paracetamol

5y ago

both

It’s fine to take it.

Is better to visit gp

Yes you can take it.