I know KKH is not pro-natural. They strap you to the bed. Insist on epidural from the moment you step in. Which other government hospitals are pro-natural and has subsidized rates?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

KKH doesn't insist you on Epidural. The midwives will base on your painscale (seeing from ur facial experssion) and advise you. For both my labours, my midwives knew i was about on my brink of painscale. for my #1 she alr had the epidural ready for me. for #2 she asked if i wanted but i said hang on. They won't force it on you. Yes for epidural, once administer, you have to be lying down as you will not have feelings from breast level downwards. They do not want you to fall.

Read more

Not too sure where you get your information that kkh insist on epidural and that you will be strapped to the bed. However, that is not true. I had my both boys in kkh. Firstborn private, second born subsidised. They never insisted on epidural neither was i strapped to the bed. In fact the doctors and mid wives were really encouraging and welcoming.

Read more
VIP Member

I gave birth at SGH (private) without epidural. Nurses will ask if you want it but do not force you. I'm not sure what you mean by "strap you to the bed". Yes, they do strap on the CTG machine to monitor baby's heart rate and once that's on, you can't get down from the bed. But I thought that's common for every hospital.

Read more

i just gave birth 3 months ago.. i was not strapped to the bed.. tho they did keep asking me whether to use epidural, i keep insisting no.. was fully dilate after 4 to 5 hours later.. just keep saying no if u dont want to..

7y ago

forgot to add.. this is #2.. #1 at mount a..

Ya KKH is v pro natural. And when usage of epidural is only after you are 3cm dilated. I was in so much pain but they only allow administering of epidural after 3cm. Not sure where you go your info. Nobody can force you on this.

10mo ago

hi would you be able to share who your gynae was?

NUH :) Had my vbac for #2 there. #1 was at KKH e csect.

thanks

VIP Member

Nuh is very pro natural