Review on SGH for delivery and Dr Devendra

Anyone could share your experience of delivering at SGH eg how are the nurses and post birth care, are they pro- natural? Also keen to know experience of delivering with Dr Devendra from Sgh. Is he pro- natural and willing to give HL when needed. #advicepls #FTM #firstpreganancy #firsttimemom

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

I gave birth naturally to my first one in SGH 3 years ago. Nurses and midwives were very attentive and caring from what I recall. Post-birth, the nurses in the ward constantly checked up on me. They even helped me to the bathroom when I couldn’t walk properly due to the pain from episiotomy stitches. Currently 39 weeks pregnant with my 2nd one and been seeing Dr Dev since I was 30 weeks after switching to private. He’s really caring and listens to any concerns you may have. My baby was breech from the start when I saw him, and at 37 weeks he offered to do an ECV for me - so I could have a chance at natural birth again, but I declined. I decided to give my baby time to turn herself head down instead. Because of that, we had to pick a date for an elective C-Sec just in case baby doesn’t eventually turn. Was meant to have the elective C-Sec yesterday, but thankfully my baby turned and we were able to cancel that and now waiting for labour to start spontaneously. As for HL, he’s been giving me HL since I was about 36 weeks but 7 days at a time. Told him I needed to rest since my job requires me to walk around quite a bit. I hope this helps!

Read more