Hi may I know if Bangkok water is safe for drinking for my girl around 18mo? I will definitely boil in hotel...otherwise what is a good alternative? But distilled water from supermarket??? Thanks in advance

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I bought two big bottle of water (I filled it with the tap water) with me whenever we travel with kids. Once I reach my holiday location, I mixed both the tap water and mineral water 5:5 to boil for my kids. The tap water in Thailand is not safe or clean for consumption. Even my Thai friends prefer bottle water.

Read more

I read that parent shd not feed their baby with BOTTLE MINERAL WATER as baby lungs and organs are still building and may not able to absorbe those mineral into their body. Best is boiled water or Reverse osmosis water. If you must use mineral water choose one with least sodium content

7y ago

but distilled water is not mineral water...

VIP Member

Thailand tap water is not clean at all, please make sure to only buy bottled and SEALED bottles from the super market or 7/11. There are 7/11 across the city everywhere, shouldn't be a problem at all.

VIP Member

Yes distilled or mineral water. I usually just stock up from the 7/11.

VIP Member

It will be safer to buy distilled water to boil