please advice

i... i dont know where to start , my husband and i are both below 21 but above 18. we are lawfully married (with certificate) and i am currently pregnant with our second child. we have a daughter that just turned 1 this month. we need advice on housing (rental) , is there any possibility to rent from the hdb in our case ? my husband are working while studying at the same time. we dont receive so much help and we didn't apply anything (food ration , voucher etc) i guess , we just dont know how 🤷🏻‍♀️ to add on , we are currently staying at my mom's 1 room rental flat and there's like 7 of us in the house. it's very cramp , no space at all and soon ill be giving birth. my family doesn't help much 😌 even now... i have to fast as theres no food at all. i dont know what to do. please advice , thank you

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi it sounds like an overwhelming situation for you. My suggestion would be to approach a family service centre instead as their help will be more holistic. MP may help in terms of writing referrals to relevant agencies, offer one-off vouchers or rations and may also write in to hdb advocate for your application but ultimately they won't be able to case manage or go through the whole process with you. It does seem like you'll need assistance in several areas and it can be helpful to have a social worker to help you navigate the process. It can be stressful to deal with it on your own, more so when you're young parents with a toddler to care for and other daily necessities to worry for. I have included a fsc locator for your reference- https://www.msf.gov.sg/dfcs/familyservice/default.aspx

Read more