Hi All, i am 9 weeks pregnant and holding dependant pass(foreigner)

I have visited private clinic for 3 checks ups cost me around $850. One visit to Kk for early pregnancy emergency cost $500 Just in a a month so much expense. I just read in the app about govt subsidiary and cheap checkups.. can u please guide me on this as i dont have much idea about it. Also, if i want to deliver in NHU how to register for the delivery there and the procedure? Many thanks in advance!

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

For a foreigner to deliver here in Singapore can be really expensive.. so I suggest you save up for the Down Syndrome test, glucose test and the Big Day instead. Some appts in between are not necessary at all cause they don’t even do any scans. You just come and they will check baby’s heart rate using a doppler and that’s it, you’re good to go. So I really think it’s a waste of time and money especially.

Read more
Super Mum

Hi, unfortunately the subsidies are only for citizens and permanent residents. So even if you deliver at a public hospital, you will be a private patient there and pay private charges. Even Singaporeans who choose to be private patients also pay the expensive charges. You can go to the NUH website and make an appointment there if you’re hoping to deliver at NUH. Please take care..

Read more
3y ago

Locals pay about $100 plus per visit. I think $300 plus is fair enough for foreigners

TapFluencer

our subsidy not applicable for foreigners. I would suggest you to call and check all the clinic you are keen in for pricing like delivery fee hospital chargers hidden cost etc before you make a decision on which hospital to go. for what I know there's no diff for nuh and private for foreign price.

Thank you everyone for ur suggestions.. this is an old post.. i have delivered a healthy baby in Dec 2020..wish u each n everyone very healthy n enjyable pregnancy journey.. cheers

Hi. Govt subsidiary does not apply to foreigners. You are treated as a private patient throughout your checkups even if you go to any public hospitals

Pls try singapore women’s clinic at tampines. I’m a foreigner too but the fees aren’t that expensive.

If you are a foreigner, I don’t think there’s any subsidy.

U should buy the package from clinic. It’s always cheaper