Hi, I have try feeding my 3weeks old using the smallest teats for her Avent and pigeon bottle however whenever we try feeding her, is either the milk will leak from the side of her mouth or she is struggling drinking feel like is choking. Is the teats too fast for her but hers is the smallest teats we bought 0 mth.Or i should change bottle but it seems that tis two bottles avent and pigeon is the smallest teats we got for her. Pls advice Worried Mummy

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I used nuk. But also used simba a few times during first month. Could it be that u are using a big bottle? A big bottle tends to release the milk faster. Use the smallest bottle for ur baby which shld be abt a 120. My boy was like that that time it is overflowing like mad and he is like struggling to Keep up and drink everything v quickly. After change to nuk which is also a smaller bottle it was ok le

Read more

Hi my gal did not take well to pigeon tests during the first month as the teat was too hard for her. She used nuk in the first month but by second month when I let her try pigeon she was sucking well and no leakage. You can try nuk for now

Avent is faster than Pigeon. For Pigeon Wide neck there is a hole (prevent colic but if u dun hold properly milk will drip from there ) I'm using Pigeon slim

Avent teats tend to have faster flow than pigeon ones. I changed to pigeon after realising tht.

VIP Member

Could be the brands of teat. Maybe you can try NUK teats. the rubber teats. Slower and softer for her.

Try to use Nuk. I have been using Nuk since day 1. Get the smallest size teats.