Pasta craving during pregnancy

I have strong pasta cravings but I’m not sure if it’s safe to consume the sauces - cream, tomato, basil pesto sauce etc? Whenever I asked the restaurant if the pasta sauce is pasteurised, they will give me a puzzled look 😅

14 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hello! I loveeee pasta and you just need to check if the pasta is cooked with wine. I generally avoid aglio olio cos some might add wine and I'm not comfortable with that. I also ask for no wine in the cooking if it's not stated on menu! Also, no carbonara cos the proper, original ones are cooked with raw egg 😂 Enjoy your pasta! ❤

Read more
2y ago

Thank you so much for your advice! ♥️

Pasteurization is when bacteria is killed by cooking at high temperatures - just >15seconds above 70 degrees C is sufficient for milk. Generally you should only be worried if you are eating uncooked soft cheese, raw salami, uncooked eggs etc.

2y ago

Thank you so much for your advice! 😊

I only saw in food chart not to eat coriander in pregnancy so maybe pastas without coriander in ingredient should be ok but usually coriander leaves is a garnish. Just as long as ur pasta dish is cooked well should be good.

2y ago

Thank you so much! 😊

VIP Member

everything in moderation! my gynae only highlighted not to eat raw food....... I ate sashimi and had my half boiled eggs anyway 🤪 just 1-2x the entire pregnancy journey

2y ago

Thank you so much for sharing! ♥️

Yeah just eat!! It’s cooked and we don’t eat pasta daily. So far I only avoid carbonara because of the half cooked egg it comes with

2y ago

Yes I’ll eat haha.. Thank you so much! 😊

VIP Member

Yea u can have it , anything in moderation doesn’t cause any harm so eat healthy stay healthy .. enjoy ur pregnancy journey

2y ago

Thank you so much Navya! 😊

I also had pasta cravings especially tomato based sauce. No problem as they are fully cooked and no raw stuff.

2y ago

Yes I’m craving for tomato based pasta too. Thank you so much! 😊

It's safe just don't eat carbonara because the egg is not fully cooked.

2y ago

Ok sure, thank you so much! 😊

pastas are usually ok tho hahaha, it will be cooked bfr served also

2y ago

Hehe ok ☺️

VIP Member

should be safe if you take in moderation

2y ago

Thank you! 😊