4 Replies

Hi Well! First thing here is do positive and help in correcting his behaviour is that he is interested in art and craft. Being interested in art and craft or drawing means that he has the patience all these skills require. So if your child can sit and concentrate to do all these things means that he has the patience and the concentration which by the way kids do not have and needs to be developed in most cases. I think you can take the help of this interest. Let him continue what he is interested in and you can probably be a part of it. Like you can tell him that let us finish doing homework fast or reading then both of us will try making a bird out of origami or a santa claus of clay. So when he would see you being a part of something that interests him, he will do what you will say. Do not thrust studies on him. Do it playfully so that he doesn't feel pressurised or burdened. Moreso because he is showing behavioral changes. Once all this settles down, there will be no need to invest or device ways to make him study. He himself will do it. And be patient with him. He is a growing child and kids go through various phases and mood swings as we adults do. Just that we know over the years how to manage our emotions and do our work and they are still in their learning stage.

Your child's interest in art and craft shows that he is a creative person and possesses the patience and concentration that is required to do such activities. I feel that you should appreciate him and applaud him front of his father and other family members. Show trust in him and then you can slowly and subtly encourage him in his studies. It is actually a good thing that he himself likes to indulge in creative activities because professional counsellors too engage children in creative activities to correct children's behaviour. So, for a while you can give him a break and do not force him to study and can talk about the same with his teacher so that he gets time to pass through this phase. And most importantly appreciate his efforts and do not scold him in front of others and do not be preachy. Be his friend and help him out like a friend, and not like an adult with whom he cannot relate to.

mommy, at 7 years, why are you so worried about the study angle? I mean, you said he is good in other things and shows interested. i think that is really nice! encourage him around those activities and help him hone his interest. i understand that academics are important, but they are not everything and there are a lot of other areas where your kid can excel. do let him explore and grow, instead of expecting him to learn a certain way. and at this age, let him spend time in free play and let him improve his overall growth and development.

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-22601)

Related Questions

Trending Questions

Related Articles