severe morning sickness

I have severe morning sickness I vomit every meal and then I felt so weak I cannot get out of my bed. Any solutions

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi, best to consult your gynae for some anti-nausea pills! I have tried 4 different types plus anti-acid reflux pills. There are lots of tips and tricks but it's different for everyone. I was vomiting many times daily from week 8, tried many recommendations but it changes as my pregnancy developed. Plain Meiji crackers was my saviour for a long time but now I can't stomach it. I'm in week 17 and the vomiting has finally died down to once every other day. Just hang in there and try your best to consume anything you can! I think to myself it is what it is, just let the body do what it needs to do. The storm will pass sooner or later, but it will definitely get better. Jia you mama!

Read more
5y ago

Same. The appetite and nauseous kept changing their target. I've no idea now. She said it's supposed to be better after 12 weeks

My husband would prepare 2 bottle of ORS which comprises of lemon juice, salt and loads to water. Sipping on that helped with my nausea. Eating plain crackers toasted bread with a little butter, drinking some milk- anlene kind also helped with ensuring that I got some food. I did lose weight during that time. If you are still throwing up continuously, then it is best to go to the hospital- KKH A& E dept to make sure they help stop the vomiting and they can also check on your baby as well. Do let you gynae know about ur severe morning sickness because she can prescribe some medication for it. Good luck!!

Read more

I had severe Vomiting since week 4, and currently at week 7 and still the same. But gynae has prescribed me with the pills which is helping alot. However in the morning i still vomit once i wake. I had to munch a few honey stars cornflakes before i get out of bed. 😂

Keep some plain crackers, rice cakes or even a piece of chocolate at your bedside and eat something the moment you awaken, to raise your blood sugar before you get up.

I always turn to the himalaya salt candy or fruits to ease the vomitting

VIP Member

I placed some salted crackers at bedside. It helped for me

Super Mum

Consult your gynae. Take the pills and it will help.

Try eating fruits. Its my saviour. Or try breads

Try ginger tea and suck on sour sweets

VIP Member

Suck on sweets like the himalaya salt