Frequent urination

I have to get up at least 3 times in the night to pee every night and it’s really affecting my rest. Is there anything I can do to make it better?

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

During first trimester, the frequency of urination is increasing… referring to the pregnancy book, this due to the hormone change, to keep body away from toxic, so the frequent urine is to bring away the water soluble toxic from your body to keep baby safe… hope this idea can make you feel better.. besides, if you have done some exercise until perspiring, this will also help to reduce the number of time going to toilet at night… I always wake up every 2-3 hours to pee at night. When I have enough energy to exercise a bit, it can help to increase the hour to 3-4 hours… Hope that’s helps. Current I just entering into 2nd trimester.

Read more

Hi Samantha, which week are you at? I experienced the same and made be like a zombie for 1.5 months. I wake up 2-5 times a night. I was so worried that I got a Fitbit to measure my sleep quality. What I found though is that my body started to optimize for this interrupted sleep schedule, and I got still reasonable amount of REM, light and deep sleep to function. So hang in there, and think about it as a preparation for your baby's arrival. (if you are planning to breastfeed, you need to get up during the night anyway) Jia You Mummy, you can do it!

Read more
3y ago

Hi Samantha, I'm also at week 7 and also wake up 4-5 times to pee. o feel so tired all the time.

It’s normal just try to avoid water before sleep and do some kegel exercises to strengthen your bladder, I previously had a few accidents as my bladder was weak and baby pressing on it

Drink more water throughout the day to keep yourself hydrated and try to not drink water 2-3 hours before bedtime no matter how thirsty you are.

I didn't even drink that much water but had to wake up almost every 1 hr just to pee😅 It is indeed interupting my night rests...

i wake up about twice a night to pee as well. try to sleep earlier and take naps so u can get as much rest as u can :)

Hi babe! Hmmm as the growing baby is pressing on your bladder, it is a part and parcel of pregnancy journey.

Try to bend over while peeing to empty your bladder as much as you can. I too pee at least 4 times everyday 😣

i wake up every 2hrs hahahaha i guess theres nothing we can do until we give birth

VIP Member

it's normal, you can try to take naps for better rest