I have difficulties falling asleep at night. Tried using the pregnancy pillow and drinking hot milk before bed. Any other non medication suggestions I can try?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

When I was in my third trimester I had problems falling asleep as well. My usual bedtime was about 4am! Try taking a hot bath in lavender scented shower gel to relax your senses before going to bed. I found that listening to music helped me go to sleep better and I took the effort to ensure my bedroom was in an ideal sleep inducing environment. The air con would be on before I stepped in, lights would be dimmed and bed would be nicely arranged. If I still couldn't sleep I would get my husband to give me massages then hug and pat me to sleep like a kid. Hahaha. Maybe it'll work for you too.

Read more

Hey can you elaborate as in what kind of difficulties your have ? If it is the pain and general discomfort try sleeping on your left side that helps in blood circulation and is also the safest position for your baby

VIP Member

You might want to try sleepytime tea. Make sure your bedroom is dark and conducive for sleeping. If its due to the pressure on your back, try getting your husband or family member to massage your back gently.

Post reply image

I believe a good hot bath and my husband's back rub is my best remedy for a good sleep during pregnancy. Maybe go for daily night walk with the husband might help you sleep better too.

VIP Member

Few things you can try: 1. Tire yourself out 2. Hot bath 3. Hot drink 4. Aromatherapy with lavender scent 5. Ask hubby to give You a nice back rub

Read more

thanks