I have been having cramp like pains at the right side of my lower abdominal area and sometimes cramps at my pelvic area. I am 12 weeks pregnant.

19 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

don't worry, right now, as your baby is growing and the uterus is expanding, it will exert pressure on the nearby muscles, thus leading to frequent cramps. however, do speak to your doc and get a check done, just to be safe.

i had that too during the first tri, and my gynae offers meds to keep the fetus stable. it does happen like wht Wendy shares - uterus stretching and expanding to accommodate the growing bub. if there's any bleeding, see yr gynae ASAP.

Congrats! you're no longer a kid. Just say strong and be happy. pls go to see the doctor regularly to know about your health through mobile application, Halodoc. you can talk everything about health, lifestyle or even about pregnancy

It's just your uterus stretching and the round ligament pain. Just keep an eye out if you start bleeding and don't do anything tht puts stress on your body or any activities tht can hurt your belly

5y ago

I have it too and I told doctor,they told me is normal.

Hi mummy, this is normal for the 1st trimester as the womb is expanding but if it gets really bad or frequent, i do suggest you go to your gynae to get a check.

I have cramp from started pregnant 1st trimester. About 11-12weeks getting batter. No worries! If u seen any red spotting have to see doctor ASAP.

Its normal mine were bad couldn't even walk for couple of days but eventually they faded... But i consulted to be on the safe side

VIP Member

It’s a normal symptoms but of cause if the pain get uncomfortable. Always consult your gynae as you are at your 1st trimester. Jiayou !

that's called round ligament pain is a sharp pain caused by stomach stretching.

Had that too. As long as you're not bleeding its all good.