maternity milk & gestational diabetes

I have been diagnosed for gd. Is it okay for me to drink maternity milk once a day?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I remember my gynae and dietician told me to just go ahead and drink it. They cut down the no of scoops. Initially it was 4 scoops as per the daily servings on the tin but both of them told me to reduce it to half; 2 scoops only.

I still drink about 200ml a day but i made sure that other foods that i eat together with maternal milk do not have sugar or low in sugar. You can also try low fat fresh milk as substitute.

VIP Member

Better not my gynae keep advising me not to go for maternity milk. Normal full cream milk is better as maternity milk tend to have more sugar level.

I never drank maternity milk but drinking full cream fresh milk.. u can talk to your gynae.. as what we know maternity milk is sweet

VIP Member

I was told to stop that milk totally. Only drink normal cows plain milk. Cannot drink those choc or strawberry flavoured

4y ago

Icic thanks!!

No, some maternity milk have high sugar content and are very sweet. Can switch to no sugar soy milk instead

VIP Member

I stopped that and drank fresh full cream milk