Learn Mandarin

I have a almost 2 years old son and 10 months old daughter that will be taking mandarin classes. Generally, we’re not a mandarin speaker but I would like my kids to learn and become a native speaker. Is it alright thou? Like will it be too hard on them or they can easily catch up at this age? I have a friend who is not Chinese but she’s a native speaker, she told me that her mom send her classes from the very beginning and she continued until secondary. I honestly cannot catch up at this age 😅 Although, I really want to learn Mandarin. I have a thing for languages, you see.

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Starting Mandarin classes for your young children, aged 2 and 10 months, is a great idea. Despite not being Mandarin speakers yourself, children can easily catch up at this age and benefit from early exposure to the language https://www.masterpapers.com/ Your friend's experience shows that with consistent learning, even non-native speakers can become fluent. Consider incorporating Mandarin into daily activities and explore resources available at MasterPapers to support their learning journey.

Read more

I read somewhere that kids absorbs the best below the age of 4/6 (I forgot) so it should be fine for them? 😃 It will also be easier for them once they go to school and everyone around them starts speaking in mandarin. I feel you! Always wanted to learn Dutch and Korean but god bless my brain. 😂

why nt! but good to have her converse in mandarine so that it will not just be a theory based learning. maybe u can ask her to teach u and learn along!

VIP Member

I think it’s fantastic to teach your kids mandarin! Definitely support them on learning a new language, even if it’s not one your familiar with.

Kids can easily become multilingual if you start them early. learning a language becomes more difficult as you age.

TapFluencer

we converse in english at home & started our kids in chinese enrichment starting K1