I have a 5 year old. We also have a 17 month old baby. I see my peers n they seem to have it easier. Their 5 year old is so well behaved, listens to instructions. Mine is always running around n even worse when he is with my in laws. How do I displine him? Usually I just tell him he's wrong. My husband is pretty hands off and doesn't displine or say much . He's created so much chaos! Pulling curtains, jumping on sofas etc! Help!!

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

You can't compare your child with every other child -- all of them are different with a myriad of personalities. Your child could be a handful now but grow up to be a well behaved teen and it could be reversed for those people with well behaved kids (usually is i realised). Be firm and dole out soft punishments if needed such as time-out, take away his privileges like tv time, dessert etc if he doesn't behave after you have warned him. I've seen a friend who gives her child 3 chances in a day. She will warn him each time he acts out and once the child hits his "quota", she will punish him. Apparently this works and keeps the boy's naughtiness at bay because he doesn't know when his mom will call out his "chances".

Read more