tuition that kid must take

i have 4 yrs old daughter and turning 2 baby boy.. would like to ask in this age what is a must to take curriculum/tuition in sg? it should be chinese language? ballet? swimming? and etc as i dont know what to take first to be not left out when my kid with other kids around them .. thanks

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I'm not sending and not intent to send my 4 - and 2 years old children to any enrichment classes. Learning is a lifelong journey, I find that we as parents have to let them focus on play for at least till 6 years old. If there is a need when he/she cannot catch up at primary What I do is bring them out daily for a walk, playground, explore nature, going to library 2-3 times weekly. They might not be able to read at age 4 and 2, I just wanna to let them have a feel of library and book Also, do avoid browsing social media and parents' chat groups too much. The more we see, the more we listen, and we will tend to compare our children with others. Being present to their live is the best a parent can do My philosophy development is not competition. Growth is a process.

Read more

i feel at this age, play and social interactions are important for them to learn. No need to specifically go for lesson. They learn as they play, its part of their development. I did let my 3yo learn swimming as she loves water. More to explore and not be scared of water. There's a lot of laughter during her swim class so i guess its fun for her. Like the rest said,expose them to different activities(e.g. arts, music, role playing, physical play and even just quietly playing with their toys) and let them explore themselves. It's just different skills that they are learning now. You can read up on child led learning.

Read more

Hmmm maybe put aside the fear of feeling left out. As the kids are still small, might want to let then enjoy their babyhood first and not pressure or push them to go diff classes, and itll be tiring for them. Maybe expise them to different things and see what their interest is towards.

for me personally i waited for a little bit to see what my LO are more interested in. at 4 and 2, i pretty much just expose them to alot of things and let them explore. dont worry abt yr kids being 'left out' as all kids are different in their own way

they are still very young. why not let them enjoy their childhood. my kid went for piano at 6 and reading classes as he is having reading difficulties. I spend more time and bond with him at home by practising reading skills.

I send my LO that is 3 years to music enrichment cause she expressed her interest in musical instruments, like singing rhymes and playing w musical instruments. I think depends on your child's interedt as well.

There's no must-take classes at these ages. Do they go to childcare? The basic curriculum in school are good enough for them.

TapFluencer

prob not a must but rather what our kids are weak in & what they r interested in