nausea after stopping anti vomiting medicine.

I had severe vomiting.. Was prescribed Dicletin I took it for nearly 4 months.. Was advise by gynea to try stopping as I am already in 20th week. I stopped it 3 days ago and having nausea everyday.. Anyone who was taking dicletin experience this?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I started severe Vomiting like whole day since week 5.....by week 6 i sought help from gynae and was prescribed diclectin. 2 pills every night. Its a slow releasing effect. Now im currently at week 14. Im taking it on alternate nights, 2 pills each time. I tried to delay and take it on 3rd night but i couldnt take it. The severe Vomiting is still ongoing. Even plain water also can vomit. Im a merlion whole day. 😭 So i still hv to depend on it 2 pills on alternate nights. But i will slowly switch to 1 pill soon and see how it goes. By the way, even on this pill, every morning its standard that i will vomit when i wake. I duno y either.

Read more
5y ago

Yes. Morning u will vomit due to brushing. My vomit was also bad. Even admit in hospital.

Me! Going to 20 weeks soon but still depending on dicletin. Try cutting down from 2 pills to 1. And on weekends i try not to take any pills. Still hard for me to completely stop the pills ☹ hoping for the nausea to go away soon. Anyway may i know why the gynea asked to stop? Will it affect the baby?

5y ago

Yes I encounter this also. Throbbing headache.. Guess this are the side effects of stopping the medication.

Me too keep vomiting. I took dicletin for 1 week then when I tried to stop it during day time, the vomit come bac. And I also can't even drink water. If I drink water, the nausea will come bac. It make me hard to concentrate on my work.

5y ago

I agree... The vomit will come back when u stop the medication during first trimester.

Super Mum

My wife has been on Diclectin for 13 weeks already. Started from 3 per day now down to 1 per day. Tried stopping but nausea and vomiting came back. According to gynae no issue for baby.

4y ago

Hi Alvin, how's your baby doing? Any side effects from diclectin?

Never take dicletin even nausea for 18weeks. Having hard time at work.

5y ago

I used to take at night only, 1 pill.

Super Mum

Nope

5y ago

Did u took dicletin?