I am going back to work in oct..looking for infant care near my place but totally no slots and i managed to find 1 slot near my workplace. However the travelling time is slightly more than 1 hour and involves taking bus and train. Any mother out there also have to bring bb on long journey everyday? can you share how you cope and any tips?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

One of my friends who is in a similar situation as you shared that she was a bit apprehensive travelling a relatively long distance with baby on public transport but as she got into the groove of things and got comfortable with the routine, she realized that it wasn't too bad. She used the baby carrier and carried baby's essentials in a pouch which fits nicely into her huge work tote bag. On the buses and trains, people are always kind to her and she hasn't had to stand in her journey yet, someone always gives her a seat. She also considers the extra time she has with her baby in the mornings a blessing. On days when she feels like taking half a day off, picking up her baby is a breeze and she can head out into town immediately.

Read more
8y ago

thanks for your sharing..much appreciated! makes me feel that things wont be so bad afterall.

VIP Member

Use baby carriers during the initial stage as baby is still young and would usually nap on the way. Once baby gets older, continue with baby carriers as with stroller on trains/bus during peak hour it's not easy. Prepare light snacks and some small toys to entertain baby during the journey home. Also, you can try downloading UBER app. Sometimes they have promotions. After promotions deduction, you just need to pay less then $5 for a ride home!

Read more

Yes. I had to take my baby from Sengkang to aljunied everyday when my baby was a year old. So basically I baby wear. I travel from my house to the interchange, take mrt to serangoon. Take another bus direct to aljunied. It takes more then an hour as well for me. I prepare some snacks and flash cards which are easy and light. That helped me a bit.

Read more

ParentTown interviewed Sher-Li Torrey founder of Moms@Work on how stay at home moms can work as well! Here's the link - Click on TV more for episodes :) http://parenttown.com/topic/how-to-climb-the-corporate-ladder-and-be-a-supermom