Hi , I am getting a domestic helper in a few weeks' time. Can mummies with helper share some tips with me pls? Eg. Does ur helper eat the same food as u during mealtime? Do you scoop out her portion first etc? Many thanks for sharing ur insights.

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My mum's family have maids almost as long as I can remember. We have been blessed with good maids thru the 20+ years. So I would say treat ur maid like a special kind of friend who needs to heed ur instructions tho - but don't be bossy. Some maids are a bit slow-wit so u may need to train them. Helper eats the same food during mealtimes. If eating at home, have to ensure that everyone else eat alrdy then she eat or at least confirm others have enough first, so maybe it's like after feeding the kids and/or scooping for u n ur husband etc then she eat. If dinning out, if ur kids eat a v small portion then maybe u can get 1 main purse (e.g. Larger Chicken rice) then she scoop out some to give the kid and she will eat the rest. But also if possible let her choose what she wants to eat within an allowed range (maybe only from which pages if at restaurant) But be reasonable. Cannot always make her eat v v late if the other pple eat v late. See for urself if the food left is enough for her otherwise allow her to eat snacks or cook Maggie mee or egg it something to add if she wants

Read more