I gave birth 1 year ago and people are still giving up seats to me... I'm quite tired of it and need to lose my tummy. I've been exercising at least twice a week - any other tips? Will Jamu massages still work considering that I delivered long ago?

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I would think the best would still be working on your diet (not going on a diet, but eating more balanced and nutritious meals and limiting the "unhealthy" stuff), and coupled with exercising. Some of my friends tried the various workout plans and challenges they find to help keep them motivated. If not, you can consider this the tummy trimming wrap and massage available. Not sure of it's effectiveness but worth a try if you are open to it. Have friends who had good reviews for BabiesBellies postnatal massage, so thought you can consider this. http://www.babiesbellies.sg/Wrap.php

Read more

What kind of exercises have you been trying? Some exercises may look like they will target the tummy fat but they don't really work. Try planking -- I swear it works! Planking not only target the tummy, it also works on the arms, calves and the thighs. You could also consider trying a low carb, high protein diet. I find this the fastest and most effective way to shed some pounds. It will be difficult because Singapore is pretty much carb-central (rice being a staple) but I reckon it will work really well.

Read more

It's really difficult to reduce belly fats especially after giving birth. I feel that you can do more exercise that really targeting your tummy. You may refer to the link for some of the exercise that you might be interested in and some of them are easy to do at home. https://www.stylecraze.com/articles/5-exercises-and-5-foods-to-reduce-belly-fat/#gref

Read more

hi, did you try ginger tummy or full body massage? it's warm and soothing, and helps you relax and sleep better. Touche Orchard at Palais Renaissance used to have it previously so do check if they still have this treatment. Alternatively, you can find more options at this link: https://sg.theasianparent.com/flat-tummy-after-delivery-home-remedies

Read more
VIP Member

Not sure about massage but loosing belly fats needs a bit of work. As cliché as it is, it has to be a combination of diet and exercise. Reducing carbs and sugar for diet and focus on exercises targetted at your tummy area. Cardio to lose fat and strength/weight training to gain muscles.

May not help as much as the protruding tummy will not go away. I only managed to lose my tummy after 8 years after i got onto a program through natural way in Jan 2019 this year. Within 3 months it is gone! =) feel transformed!

VIP Member

Some people lose their tummy really quick and some take much longer. Have you completed your breastfeeding journey? If yes, then def cut down on the calories

what exercises are you doing? try doing cardio, swimming..and if you're not breastfeeding, try to work on your diet. cut down on carbs, sugar

Try brisk walking, along with lots of raw vegetables and fresh juices in your diet. It should help :)

Check if you have diastasis recti ( Google it). It's the separation of the abdominal muscles.