6 Weeks Pregnant

Hi All, I just found out that I am pregnant about a week ago, through clearblue test kit. At how many weeks should I visit a gynae for my first check up? I understand if it's too early, the baby's headtbeat might not be detected. Any advice?

21 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi All, I have just seen the gynae.. Like some of you have mentioned, seems too early to see anything, could go see the water bag hence doc asked to return 3 weeks later. Gave me folic acid and utrogestan as I had some light spotting. Thanks all, for your kind input.

Super Mum

When I first started my pregnancy, I quickly decide on the hospital I want to go to and call them for advice. They will tell you the best available date so do call early!

Super Mum

I went to gynae immediately after finding out (around 5-6 weeks) it's OK to go so you can put your mind at ease and start with supplements also :)

Go about 8 weeks on. I went around 6 weeks plus and they cant see much. In the end, i had to go again at 8 weeks.

I went to gynae at week9. Before that I went to polyclinic and doc prescribed folic acid & anti nauseous meds

5y ago

this one

Super Mum

U can start eating folic acid and make appointment. Gynae usually will see u from week 8 onwards

VIP Member

I booked and was schedule about 8weeks? Suggest to do it earlier so you get the needed vitamins.

8 weeks but you can now start taking folic acid.

8 weeks will be a good gauge... congratulations

You can start immediately! Congrats!