Should i hire a maid or infant

Hi, I am a first time parent here. Was wondering if i should hire a helper to took after my baby, 4 months after my maternity leave or i should put my baby to infant care in the future. As i worry it will be very tiring and difficult to handle a baby after work. Appreciate for some advise from the mommies. Thank you! :)

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I would highly recommend putting your child with a helper that you can trust if possible rather than IFC because most often than not, child falls sick every other week in IFC, this is very common. End up you will have to take leave emergency to care for him/her. If you don’t have help at home at all then this can be a solution la. If not I would suggest if you can start hunting for a helper now, as you need time for her to adjust to your style, learn things and also manage her and see if she can be trusted else might need to change helper. Don’t wait until going to give birth then hire, will be too rush. Another way is to hire a nanny. You can source for trusted ones that you can drop off at their place and pick them up, just like IFC. You can find them from Facebook local groups

Read more

It depends on you or spouse whether financial is an issue. You may work out on budget and therefore decide. Having a maid would help with everything from caring your baby, chores, etc. If you put in IFC, you will have to rush from home to IFC, then work, fetch, then back home. On top of that would be cooking, chores, etc. I have known of some people that choose either of the option, while some with more stable financial would take both. Maid will do whatever they can at home (chores, laundry, cleaning, rest time) while being watch on CCTV and half day for baby instead of full day.

Read more