Induced at week 40

I am a first time mom. I wonder if it is normal to be induced? 🥲

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

There's every reason why EDD will be till 40 weeks. There are people up till 42 weeks (which is rare). Every pregnancy will be different. There are mummies that give birth as early as 36 weeks. If this is your first pregnancy, it might take longer. There are some ladies give birth after their EDD. And doctor/gynae will suggest whats the best options for safety of baby and mummy. I was told to come back at 41 weeks despite the dilation of 3cm. My waterbag did not burst at all throughout the 1 week even with membrane swab at 40 weeks. Baby was fully engaged, waterbag so full. When I was induced, hours later I only felt contractions in labour after doctor burst the waterbag for me. It is very unbearable the pain. I manage to pull through till birth. All the best mummy 🤗

Read more
2y ago

Should you tolerance level unbearable and if there's need to take jab,gas or even epi you can go ahead. Not everyone will be able to endure the pain. I tried to avoid jab, gas and epi but had to take all because I'm not dilating fast. There's always pros and cons of taking it as much as we want it to be natural but if your birth story meant to be the other way nothing can be avoided. As long as you and baby is safe. I was on delivery assisted with vacuum because birth canal was small for baby head to pass thru causing her stress and heartbeat drop. Take care mummy and may you have smooth delivery.