First pregnancy/baby prone to be induced ?

Hi mummies, my edd in few weeks time and am scared if baby dont want to come out by 39/40 weeks as i heard induced is much more painful. Do most first pregnancy end up being overdue and induced ? #FTM

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

my 1st borne was 4 days over due. 2nd borne was 2 days over due. I induced for 3rd borne who is 4 days over due. no epidural and I don't find it any different from those which i didn't induce. 4th borne came on due date and 5th borne was 2 days over due. all my labour was pretty quick actually. Once I was admitted, gave birth within 4hrs. all no epidural and they're all natural birth. I'm 22 weeks with 6th child currently. hopefully all will be good and smooth as well. don't worry too much. if you're not so pain tolerance, you can take epidural.

Read more

Both pregnancy of mine excees EDD. First at 41 weeks 1 day and Second at 40 weeks 2 days. I was induced for first, took gas, jab and epidural. Also for second was supposed to be induced but something happened at KKH therefore it was not according to plan. Yes, induced can be much more painful therefore pain tolerance level has to be high otherwise, take what's recommended.

Read more

I was supposed to be induced by edd if i had no signs by then (coz im diabetic). My cousin has no issues so hers was overdue. Depends on ur threshold, i could hold in there till 7cm to take epidural. I tried laughing gas but it was bad.

FTM, I was induced at week 40 due to low fluid, my birth experience was painless tho. Just take whatever pain reliefs (I took laughing gas and epidural) are offered as long as you start feeling the contractions.