I am feeling very sad and disappointed with myself. I have been breastfeeding my lo from birth now. She is 7 mth 3 wks old now. We have come a long way, I direct latch her whenever she is with me, and I pump hard at work whenever I could squeeze in time between meetings and conf calls and general work, so as to provide enough for her when she goes ifc. Couple of weeks back she fell ill and later I fell ill too. I always take a very long time to recover from stupid tiring coughs. Needing to get better, I had to take cough syrup and subseq TCM herbs. Little did I know that despite the prescribed med being safe for a lactating mom, it affected my milk supply tremendously. I stopped my med but my milk supply is not coming back. I cannot yield the same volume anymore despite stopping the med, drinking lots of water, milk and eating lactation cookies. I really feel very sad..as I wanted to give her this precious gift of bm for as long as I can. I love the bonding with her whenever she latches on.

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

most welcome! don't give up and don't be hard on yourself. it will get better! hang in dear

7y ago

Thanks Ling and Jorelle :) I managed to pull through the 1yo target...! Somehow the supply came back after i got well n rested well. She is almost 14mo. I still dl her (i am still lactating, yay!) but started giving her fm when she was 13mo so as to manage everything well n stay sane. Hugs n big thanks to all mommies who have encouraged n cheered me on.