home remedy or natural way to increase breast milk

I delivered a baby girl last week, but am unable to produce enough milk, but I don't want to give her formula just yet? Is there any home remedy or natural way to increase breast milk?

44 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Don't feel stressed up... How do you know that you are not providing enough? Keep nursing.. It helps to send signals that your baby needs milk and body will automatically adjust to produce more. Why don't you want to substitute? Just want to let you know that it's alright even if you substitute to prevent baby from dehydration or jaundice but then you can continue to pump diligently. Good luck! Don't become an oversupply mum though.

Read more

let baby latch on demand and pump every 3-4hours. take naps and drinks lots of fluid. you may not get a lot of supply in the initial stage but dun give up cos bb's tummy is still very small. food wise there are some milk boosting foods such as red beans soup, black beans soup, peanut soup, papaya and fish soup. others such as sesame seed, oat, milo, almond nuts, chia seed, lots of fish, 3 fenugreek pills x3 and lots of water.

Read more

You can offer formula milk first while establishing your supply. Newborn needs to grow and gain weight. It is nothing wrong to feed baby formula milk. In the mean time, you can get your baby to latch frequently and take milk boosters food mentioned by mummies above. There is a method called power pumping to increase milk supply. You can check out how to do it from: http://www.lowmilksupply.org/powerpumping.shtml

Read more

Try to drink ginger drink, eating date palm to help producing more milk. And the most importantly keep getting the baby to suckle and pumping until you feel a sharp pain in your breast. That sharp pain will release some more milk and the body will detect that more milk will need to be generated. After breast feeding, you can also pump afterward to let the body knows that more milk is needed.

Read more

To increase breast milk 1, dairy products (low fat version) are rich in calcium eg- milk, cheese, yogurt 2, variety of fruits & vegetables rich in vitamins, minerals & dietary fibres 3, Lean meat are rich in iron 4, oily fish such as salmon & tuna are rich in omega-3 The more baby suckles on the breasts, the more milk produce. Stimulation also plays role so massage the breast.

Read more

I power pumped, took fenugreek, papaya soup, lactation cookie, oats...etc but my milk supply did not increase much. when I start drinking coconut water and water, I begin to see the increase in milk supply. I took cheesecake almost everyday too. it slowly increased from 10ml to 60ml and now at 100 ml.. not a lot to many mothers but it is considered a lot to me.

Read more

Fenugreek, Chia Seeds, Oatly Milk, Fresh Milk, Oats, Salmon, Green Papaya Soup and Water are common milk boasters :) U need to drink alot of fluid and have plenty of rest to have a good supply. If u are pumping, pump every 2-3hrs to boost supply. U can try power pumping too :) If u are a direct latching mother, keep latching. Demand builds Supply :)

Read more

There are lactating cookies available online. One good supplement is Mamachow. It's yummy and really effective. You can also opt for supplements like Natalac which is available in any Drug Store in the market. While drinking these you must also eat nutritious food like Malunggay soup or Tinola. It helps a lot in producing milk. :)

Read more

Pump and latch as much as you can and try power pumping method. But do not be too insistent and stress yourself out that not enough milk. No point you stress about no milk and in the end, whole mood stress and baby can sense you stress. Vicious cycle. Most important is baby have food to eat.

Keep on dl on the 1st week, and after that pump every 3 hrly.. Have more fluid and since you still on confinement.. Drink Logan red date help a lot on increase supply.. That how I do.. But must be careful of oversupply and cause engorgement which is very painful. Jia you mummy~!