I am currently in my early 3rd trimester. Everytime I am trying to sleep and lying down on my side I feel like vomiting and I can't sleep at all.. I have to sit up straight so the feel of vomiting will go away. And also while sitting up straight I have to burp to feel better.. totally can't get any sleep at night. Anyone going through the same thing as me?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I was feeling like that in my 3rd trimester. There are a few things that you can do to help you feel better: 1) take smaller meals and more frequency, avoid eating too near bed time. Some people avoid fried/oily stuff especially for dinner 2) sleep on your left (you may have already done this as you only mentioned on your side) 3) you can talk to your Gyne about it, he can give you some medicine to help with the redux feel 4) try sleeping in an elevated side surface. You need to experiment with your pillows in order to achieve this. 5)You may also want to consider getting a pillow for sleeping during pregnancy to help you at least maintain a good posture so that the baby's weight to press so up towards you All the best and congrats in advance :)

Read more