Hi, I am currently 33 weeks my baby is weighing 2.2kg is it counted as big baby? I ask my gynae he was saying everything is perfect. I don't know what is the normal weight for a baby at 33 weeks. I am going for normal delivery afraid that if baby is too big I may end up having a hard time giving birth or having a complication.

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

At 33 wks it's still too early to tell if it will be a big baby because the rate of weight gain typically slows down (not as fast as in 2nd trimester) and also depends on the diet of mummy. There are many factors that come into play during delivery and whether can normal delivery anot - baby size is just one of the many factors, there's also baby's position, placenta position etc and whether hard or easy also many factors involved - eg how fast the progression of delivery etc. So right now, there is nothing to worry about. Just be normal. Eat normally and healthy for u and baby - go for walks etc (provided ur Gyne says ok). Let ur Gyne know ur preference of normal delivery early so that if cannot, he can tell u early too. My baby was abt 2.7kg born at 37 wks. Typically till 40wks, will be abt 3 a 3.5kg, 4kg is on the big side but still can vaginally if u want

Read more
4y ago

Agreed, I delivered normal at 39 weeks at 4.3kg! Mummy to be strong, so baby will be stronger 😉

Sounds normal - would not worry. Have a happy pregnancy