Is it right to reject pregnant women into onsen spa and massage?

Hi all, I am currently 13 weeks pregnant. I was thinking of celebrating the end of my nausea-filled first trimester with a relaxing prenatal massage and an onsen spa. However, after calling more than 10 spa centers, they all immediately rejected me to book an appointment. The reasons they told me are: (1)our onsen water is 40 degree and so you pregnant you cannot come in it's too hot for you, (2)our prenatal massage only accept 16weeks of pregnancy onwards you are too early you might miscarry we can't bear the consequences (3) our prenatal massage only accept 5 months of pregnancy onwards it's a policy I don't know why but I must obey. Despite my declaration that I am perfectly sporty and healthy and am low-risk pregnancy, and that I bear all the risks myself if anything happens, they just rejected me outright without any consideration. Pregnancy in itself is already a stressful enough journey. As a pregnant woman, I have already been restricted from many many kinds of enjoyment that a usual person can happily go. And now there is one more item in the restriction list: spa. I feel discriminated and sad.

18 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

if u want a massage, get the pre-natal massage services... dont have to go for that kind of spa... if anything happen to ur baby, who will be responsible for that? the spa? definitely at ur own risk.. so advise u to call the expert pre-natal nanny