Is it normal not to hear heartbeat and week 6 or 7?

I calculate I am on my week 8 but when I go for my 1st scanning it stated 5 week 6 days and its still a yolk sac. No heartbeat detected and its only 3.2mm. Doctor say come 2 weeks later and if still no heartbeat doctor say will have to accept no baby there. Is it true? This is my 3rd pregnancy and my other pregnancy was all good and now and I am 40 years old and it's 13 years apart from this new pregnancy. Need to feel better anyone wanna share experience with me. Thanks for replying..

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Few weeks back, I calculated I was at week 7, but scan showed 5 weeks! 2 weeks later, saw the heartbeat and measuring 7 weeks:) sometimes ovulation May be later than expected!

2y ago

thanks so much for this reply. Am hoping everything goes well for me and the baby. you made me feel better my dear friend.

Give another two weeks for baby to grow. My 6wk scan only detected yolk sac. My 8wk scan can see baby. I am 37yrs old. May be due to our age baby grow slowly.

2y ago

oh, thank you so much for your reply. Makes me feel better. Am hopeful for good news in next 2 weeks time.