No heartbeat in week6 transvaginal scan

Hi guys, i have a question here: Usually by how many week heartbeat can be detected? I had my scan yesterday no heartbeat beat was detected @ 6+4 and doctor scheduled me to go back a week later for a follow up scan. Is this normal? Anyone experienced the same with successful stories ? Need some advice

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Chill and don’t stress or panic first. It’s will affect the baby. My friend also same problem like u. But after that she went back can see the baby heart beat , etc. Cos starting to small to detect. Now she’s already 6 months big. So main thing is your emotions is very important. It will affect the baby. Jus chill n relax n follow the doctor’s instructions.

Read more
VIP Member

Me , with my second pregnancy which is my current pregnancy. Had the same experience like you but everything is normal now cause 6 weeks is too early to detect the heartbeat. I'm now in my last trimester 😊

Yes, it is normal. That's why they scheduled another appt for you. Normally can detect between 6-8 weeks but really depends. Pls do not worry. By your next appt, you'll hear your little one's heartbeat ☺️

I heard mine at 6w5d but doctor assured me that if I didnt hear anything theres nothing wrong just too early. Im just lucky that my baby is a superstar, like to show off 🤣 thats why heard it earlier

TapFluencer

don’t worry so much.. i went during week 6 that time and couldn’t hear her heartbeat... went back at week 8 and all went well.

6 weeks is still early..don't worry too much. usually from 8 weeks onwards

Do not worry. Wait till at least 8 weeks. eat healthy food. be positive.

VIP Member

from 8 weeks onwards can hear baby's heartbeat (:

u might feel the heart beat between 9-12 weeks

8 weeks