Calculation of pregnancy

I am a bit confused by the weeks calculation. As my LMP is 24 Jul 2019, so the app said I am 6 weeks pregnancy. However, when we saw gynae and did the ultrasound, it showed only week 4. Does that mean it grow v slowly? Are yours all same with what ultrasound showed?

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

As my period is regular, my LMP and my ultrasound date is exactly the same. However, I don’t think you need to be worried. Just need to check that from now on, the growth is what you expect. Meaning you are 4 week now, and 2 weeks later u shld be 6 weeks. +/- a few days is ok. Don’t worry ok!

Read more

They can see thru ultrasound.. at first they say my due will be EDD 29/03/2020.. but when they see my baby size and even question me.. is my menses regular? My menses is irregular but come everymonth.. so they say in just afew days.. so my EDD is 3/04/2020.

Before the ultrasound can actually see the seedling, your LMP is use as an estimate. Once they can see your little seedling, between week 6-8, they can measure the length and give a more accurate measurement of the exact week and day you’re currently in.

I'm confused for mine too. Because i used ovulation kit, i know i ovulated exactly 14 days after menses end. So i find it strange I'm 2 weeks behind when i compare my scan and app calculation based on period. Any comments on this?

VIP Member

Calculations based on LMP is not so accurate. It depends on when you have sec and conceive the child. Ultrasound scan by gynecologist will be accurate

Me too. When I use app to count, I am in week 7, but I went to the gynae and is only in week 5. I am so worried that my baby grow slower than normal.

Ultrasound is usually more accurate, because the egg might be released late and so baby is conceived later. Don't worry too much! :)

me too ...my lmp is 6/8/19 so my pregnancy 6w 5d but usg riport 23/9/19 5w 1d seen ......why?so I am very confused.....????

5y ago

tumhari baby ab thik hai. ......koi problem to nahi hai

Ultrasound scan is more accurate than LMP. The doctors know what they are doing so dont rely every information base on an app.

The app is just an estimation. Use the date based on the ultrasound