Is Duphaston necessary?

May I ask if Duphaston is is necessary to be taken for 1st time pregnancy, age 27 mummy as I had been having side effects such as naseau without vomiting and decrease appetite.

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

it depends. if your pregnancy is at risk, the doctor will prescribe for u. other wise you don't really have to take duphaston unless your nausea is affecting your daily life that you aren't able to function normally. otherwise depending on which phase of pregnancy, the nausea should calm down during 2nd trimester where estrogen levels reduce. high estrogen is usually the cause of nausea too, so the progestin in duphaston balances that.

Read more
TapFluencer

I was prescribed duphaston by gynae in my first trimester as I was encountering spotting and brown discharge. It does help with pregancny. I also encountered nauseous without vomit and reduced appetite. Now on 2nd trimester and I'm off it already and appetite is getting way better :)

if you are having spotting then yes. it's to help the pregnancy become stable. for nausea, maybe just morning sickness, all part of it :) just hang in there as it will get better :) take care!

I didn't have such side effects when on Duphaston; it does sound like normal trimester 1 pregnancy symptoms though. It is important to eat your Duphaston as scheduled.

VIP Member

I was prescribed for 2 weeks because I was spotting. Hence it’s needed to stabilise the pregnancy. I hv no side effects from it though..

Important if you’re experiencing bleeding or spotting to strengthen your pregnancy. Maybe you’re having a morning sickness?

If you’re experiencing spotting or bleeding, yes, it’s necessary. Having such side effects is normal too

Supposed to help stabilize your pregnancy. I didnt have such side effects though..

I consumed it for 5 months during my 1st &’ 2nd trimester pregnancy.