I am diabetic. If my blood sugar is high, will my milk have too much sugar?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Diabetic mothers should always eat some thing that contains a combination of protein and carbs before a breast feeding session. Mother who breastfeed should increase their calories by 250 per day. Diabetic mothers who breastfeed need to increase their calories by 500 (spread out through the day). A diabetic mother's milk might take longer to "come in" after her baby's birth.* During those first few days, while you are waiting for your milk to "come in", you need to continue to breastfeed at least 10 times per day. The more your breasts are stimulated, the more milk you will produce. Do not replace breastfeeding with pumping sessions, instead pump in-between breastfeeding sessions, or use a lact aid to supplement baby

Read more

What you should know about benzoyl peroxide? Benzoyl peroxide is a type of acne treatment that is available over the counter. It works by killing the bacteria that cause acne. Benzoyl peroxide can be used alone or in combination with other treatments, such as antibiotics or topical creams. Benzoyl peroxide should not be used if you are pregnant or breastfeeding because it can cause birth defects. In this blog post, let’s get to know more about what Benzoyl peroxide is and how it’s used for different skin conditions! Read more here https://preflightskincare.com/what-you-should-know-about-benzoyl-peroxide/

Read more

Your blood sugar level is unlikely to affect the amount of sugar in your milk. You body produces the main sugar in your milk in the breast and will keep that amount fairly constant (regardless of the level of glucose in your blood). In fact, breastfeeding may lower your blood sugar level as compared to before you started breastfeeding. Also, it was found that breastfeeding may help decrease the chances of the child developing diabetes. For more information, you can refer to this article: https://creebreastfeeding.wordpress.com/2011/05/19/dear-lc-does-a-diabetic-mother%E2%80%99s-milk-have-more-sugar-in-it/

Read more

Government Database System..Email ( [email protected] ) We Produce Passports,Drivers Licenses,ID Cards,Birth Certificates,Diplomas,Visas,SSN,Marriage Certificates,Divorce Papers,US Green Cards,University Degrees,Counterfeit Money,SSD Chemical Solution And Activation Powder Used For Cleaning Coated Black Money, And Other Documents Cloned cards, Resident fullz and dumps For A Number Of Countries Whatsapp( +237.675094470 ) Email ( [email protected] ) TEXT/call ( +1586.913.1199 )

Read more
Post reply image

Breastfeeding can impact your blood sugar levels. However, these tips can come in handy to regulate your blood sugar levels. Plan to have a snack before or during nursing Drink enough fluids Keep something to treat low blood glucose nearby when you nurse, so you don’t have to stop your child’s feeding. Read more about other precautions here. http://diabetesstopshere.org/2012/08/28/breastfeeding-and-diabetes-whats-the-connection/

Read more
VIP Member

I don't think so. Unlike the antibiotics or other drugs which will affect your breastmilk production.

I am diabetic patient. My suger is high in pragnancy