Hi, I almost finish my confinement tingkat and I wondering if I need to order for normal tingkat as I don't have time to cook food for myself taking care of a newborn. Any mummies after finish confinement tingkat and order normal tingkat? But I am breastfeeding so I wondering normal tingkat food is it suitable for breastfeeing.

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi there, I did not order tingkat tho I was in the same situation as urs as I have a kopitiam opp my place. I just babywear him to go opposite to buy. Some days I will just cook when baby is taking his late morning nap - just sphaghetti and boil some frozen chicken or meat or veg or left over food. There is nothing special abt bf diet except to avoid the milk killers and to increase ur protein and calcium intake portions. U may want consider just eating those multi-vit or supplements bought at pharmacy for breastfeeding. But really there is nothing special abt bf diet. Oh ya. U will also need to note and avoid foods that ur baby may be allergic to. Like my boy is allergic to sweet potato - so I will avoid eating sweet potato in my diet

Read more

Just go for normal tingkat. it is cheaper and u can order for your hubby also. If u are worried about bf, just avoid food that will produce gas. Totally avoid raw food and some chinese herbs. You can try this tingkat no msg, https://lexincatering.com.sg/project/tingkat/ They have a wide variety of soup which I love the most. Try their tingkat trial 5 days or 10 days before u commit. We may not have the same tastebud. hehe Anyway looking after newborn is tough and tiring, rest as much as you can whenever there's chance.

Read more

Yup, eat as usual. You are what you eatm just avoid spicy or gassy food. Basically everything is moderation. Watch out for caffine as well. As long as there is a balanced diet, that would work out fine. Well, if you are able to afford comfortably then go ahead with the tingkat. Easier option. Otherwise just kopitiam or boil simple food. I didnt do tingkat. Just the usual cai fan or ill whip something up.

Read more

If you have no time to cook, definitely tingkat is better than not having any food or snacking on junk. At least you know your lunch/dinner is sorted without having to worry about marketing/cooking/washing up. Why don't you try it out for 2 weeks and see how you progress from there. Tingkat meals are usually quite balance with 1 meat/fish, 1 veg and 1 soup :)

Read more

I would start preparing my own food or even check out those healthier choices Sometimes I would prepare over a weekend for the week ahead Still healthier than tingkat I feel I used induction pots a lot Like throw everything in for soups etc Easier and no fuss

Read more
VIP Member

Hi... normal tingkat is sufficient. You can continue with your current caterer or switch according to budget and meals preferences

I’ve been eating tingkat food after my confinement. No issues till date; in fact i find it healthier than takeaway food.

VIP Member

I will just eat normal food but i will avoid those food which induce gas for baby while breastfeeding - Cabbage, brocoli

TapFluencer
Super Mum

Normal tingkat will do.. can go foodline to view different caterer