Is early pregnancy bleeding (at week 6) common and will the pregnancy continue to be normal?

First pregnancy. Also, we saw 2 sacs with 2 heartbeats ytd during scan at the urgent o&g. Dr doesn't know the cause of the bleeding.

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I was bleeding after a v scan with clots which were palm sized. But my gynae doesnt noe what caused n neither a&e knew whats wrong. A&e jab me only.

3y ago

Week 28 now :) I had a tear in late first trim (when i did my nipt), there was alot of bleeding just like menses. Gynae gave duphaston n it started to become brown blood. Worried me went back to gynae after few days coz i was worried. Was told i have brown blood tat will take quite a while to clear and did a v scan. The blood clot happened on the same night which scared the hell out of me. Ane checked n gave me a jab n told me normal to pass out a palm sized blood clot (i was like -.-) Thankfully after a few days was brown blood for quite some time and ok! Hee.

its normal. have more bed rest. hopefully the bleeding is a little bit

3y ago

thanks, i will! it was moderate amount but the sight of blood just freaked me out.